SINCE 1946

Woods has built a reputation for manufacturing high quality, durable attachments – as do many suppliers of agricultural tractor attachments. What makes Woods different? We have talented teams that listen to our customers, develop ideas, and build incredible products. These teams innovate day in and day out to make sure Woods attachments not only perform well, but are safe to operate and simple to maintain.

ALWAYS THERE

Woods products are sold through a North American dealer network, supported by a dedicated sales force. We also enjoy strong private label relationships with several tractor manufacturers. As a result, you will also see our attachments in livestock operations, recreational areas, and market gardens. Wherever you find hardworking people digging, growing, moving, and mowing, you’ll most likely find Woods attachments.

ALWAYS INNOVATING

To illustrate our story of innovation, the Woods logo is complemented by a brand promise icon (pictured below). The icon symbolizes the three elements of our brand – design, durability, and style – as three rolling hills and the many places our products are used, such as mowing roadsides, maintaining pastures and waterways, shredding crops, and countless other applications.

woods-superior-icon

Learn more about our Innovators and our Innovations

Significant Details

HEADQUARTERS

Oregon, Illinois

OWNERSHIP

Blount International

based in Portland, Oregon

FACILITIES

5

Kronenwetter, Wisconsin

Oregon, Illinois

Rockford, Illinois

Courcelles, Belgium

Curitiba Brazil

EMPLOYEES

Approximately 550

Worldwide

Through the Years

1946

Mervel, Keith and Leonard Wood build the first successful tractor-mounted rotary cutter and Wood Brothers Manufacturing Co. is founded.

1969

Hesston acquires Woods.

1978

Fiat Allis acquires Hesston and Woods.

1993

Code, Hennessy & Simmons acquires Woods; Woods acquires Du-AL, a manufacturer of tractor-mounted front-end loaders.

1994

Woods enters the construction market with the purchase of Gannon, a manufacturer of scrapers and buckets and also acquires Alloway Manufacturing Inc., maker of tractor-mounted flail shredders, cultivators, sugar beet defoliators and snow blowers.

1995

Woods expands into the Grounds Maintenance segment with the purchase of Gill, manufacturer of a range of landscape attachments.

1997

Madison Dearborn Partners acquires Woods; Woods expands the Construction Equipment line to include BMP and Wain-Roy buckets and attachments.

1999

Woods acquires TISCO, a leading distributor of replacement parts; Central Fabricators a manufacturer of construction buckets; and Alitec, a maker of patented, hydraulic-powered skid steer attachments.

2001

An independent owners group acquires Woods and later sells to Genstar Capital (2004)

2011

Woods is acquired by Blount International.

2013

Woods enters the retail channel and announces a supplier partnership with Cabela’s Incorporated, the World’s Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, to supply implements for Cabela’s new “Wildlife and Land Management (WLM)” product category. Cabela’s disbanded this product category in 2017.

2014

As part of the Blount International family, Woods is integrated into the Farm, Ranch, and Ag Division along with the TISCO and SpeeCo brands.

2015

The first overseas assembly of Woods products, led by the iconic Batwing® rotary cutters, commenced at the Blount facility in Curitiba, Brazil.

2016

Blount is acquired by American Securities and P2 Capital Partners. TISCO replacement parts is sold to SMA.

2017

Woods introduces a new 15-foot version of its flagship product, the BATWING® Rotary Cutter. Based on extensive customer input, the models offer more than a dozen exclusive time-saving and performance-enhancing features.

2018

Woods expands its reach in Europe, opening an assembly plant and warehouse in Belgium, offering prompt delivery and support of machines and repair parts.

2019

Management of the SpeeCo branded products is transferred to Blount’s FLAG Division to align distribution channel strategy.